Grab your complimentary popcorn and beverage before heading to Kambri Cinema with family and friends to enjoy free movie magic at the second annual Kambri Film Festival.
The Kambri Film Fest 2021 is a part of the HERE I AM: Art by Great Women festival which has been curated to celebrate and elevate the contributions of creative women in the film industry.
The festival will be held from Thursday, 21 January 21 to Sunday, 7 February with the screening of recent or retro movies. The lineup includes Frozen II, Moana, Scoob!, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, The Secret Life of Pets 2, A Dog’s Journey, Ride Like A Girl and Little Women, to name a few.
Kambri precinct general manager Nicole Short feels that the festival provides something for families and friends to come together and enjoy.
“Everybody is welcome. It’s a film festival for the young and those who are young at heart,” she said.
“The atmosphere in the Kambri Cinema provides a perfect setting for families to enjoy a great selection of films with strong-willed female characters.
“We put on the HERE I AM festival in conjunction with many community partners to support and uplift the wider Canberra community.”
The family-friendly films begin at 3:00 pm, with most featuring female leads, while the evening sessions are geared towards adults and start at 7:00 pm.
Thursday nights will highlight Australian women in the films, including directors Catherine Dwyer (Brazen Hussies), Gillian Armstrong (Star Struck) and Jocelyn Moorhouse (Proof).
Friday and Sunday nights will offer female-directed films from the last two years including the Golden Globe Award-winning dramedy The Farewell, while Saturday nights are reserved for blockbusters you may have missed in 2020 like Christopher Nolan’s action-packed sci-fi time travel adventure Tenet, starring John David Washington and Robert Pattinson.
In addition to free entry, there’s one complimentary popcorn and beverage (water, juice or Coke product) for every attendee. Parking is available at the ANU Kambri Union Court car park, with complimentary parking on the weekends for up to three hours.
For program details and to register for your free tickets via Eventbrite, visit Kambri.
- Thursday, January 21 – Brazen Hussies (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Friday, January 22 – Dora and the Lost City of Gold (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Radioactive (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Saturday, January 23 – Secret Life of Pets 2 (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Tenet (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Sunday, January 24 – Oddball (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Little Women (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Thursday, January 28 – Moana (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Star Struck (with NFSA) (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Friday, January 29 – Scoob! (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Misbehaviour (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Saturday, January 30 – Maleficent: The Mistress of Evil (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Rams (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Sunday, January 31 – A Dog’s Journey (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), The Farewell (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Thursday, February 4 – Brave (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Proof (with NFSA) (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Friday, February 5 – Inside Out (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Happiest Season (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Saturday, February 6 – Ride Like A Girl (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), The Comeback Trail (Feature at 7:00 pm)
- Sunday, February 7 – Shaun The Sheep: Farmageddon (Family Feature at 3:00 pm), Harriet (Feature at 7:00 pm).
Original Article published by Neha Attre on The RiotACT.